A careless mistake that took lives away, causing a family tragedy here, from the Front Page Sections, translated…
In the early morning hours yesterday, there was a housefire that caused a father and son to die, and a grandmother and a grandchild to get injured in Luzhou, the fire department believed that the point where the fire started was in the fifteen-year-old youngest son’s bedroom; the eighteen-year-old older brother of the victim blamed himself, that two nights ago, they’d helped his younger autistic brother celebrate his birthday, but afterwards, he’d forgotten, to put up the lighter, and believed that the fire was started by his own younger brother.
“I’d bought a cake, saw my younger brother smile, I was very happy too”, the eldest son of the Lo family stated, that his younger brother was severely autistic and in a special education class, couldn’t take care of himself, and needed someone to watch over him constantly; two evenings ago, while he’d used a lighter to light up the candles on the cake, as his younger started playing with the lighter, he’d scolded him.
The police told, that in this family, the divorced forty-nine-year-old father and the last year middle school student who’s the younger son had died, and it will be the younger son’s birthday tomorrow; the sixty-nine year-old grandmother and the last year high school eighteen year-old eldest son suffered smoke inhalation.
So, this, is still, a tragic accident, that tore this family apart, and, this can happen in any family, and yet, the survivors will now start wondering had I only, and if I didn’t, and, they’re the ones, carrying on, with the guilt.